Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 11:21:47 +0100 (CET)

Jan 3, 2022, 13:10 by luangruo@yahoo.com:

> xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> writes:
>
>>> If the autoloads are part of Emacs, those problems should be reported as
>>> a bug.  `setq' will also have as many problems with autoloads as custom
>>> will.
>>>
>> Not one more? Not one less? Exactly as many as? Please stop
>> gaslighting attempts.
>>

> First of all, no, I was not trying to gaslight you.
>
> In the future, please try to choose better words when interacting with
> other people (such as me).  I don't make comments on your person, so you
> should reciprocate.

I can't know someone's intentions only what is written here, so please
you too try to choose not only better words, but a purpose to argument.

> Secondly, `setq' will have the exact same problems with autoloads that
> custom-set-variables will have, and both have very little real problems
> with autoloads.
>
> It is difficult to tell exactly which problems you are referring to,
> since you haven't presented a concrete instance of them, but from a
> general point of view both methods of setting variables will have the
> same (rare) problems with autoloads.
>
> report-emacs-bug is also your friend, as always.  If custom really has a
> bug with autoloads, then we will want to fix it.
>
> Thanks.

I don't think I need to get into exact details for the previous discussion at
hand, because they are not relevant.  I can take the time to be more specific
if there is a purpose.  For there, you should assume that I am not lying or
my experiences are not surreal, which is what your replies are doing, unlike
 anyone else here.  I am sure emacs-devel is already aware of the problem,
so why should I do a bug report when it likely already exists?  For example
Stefan Monnier gives a detailed explanation of autoload/custom problem
interaction on Elisp stackexchange.