FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Drew Adams
Subject: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 18:51:35 +0000

> Using customize-set-variable from Elisp is simply a hack, IIRC
> it has weird unwanted effects like when saving customizations
> from interface, it writes everything back into managed
> custom-set-variables.

What you say there isn't too clear, to me.
`customize-set-variable' doesn't save...

Just what is the problem of saving option
and face settings to a particular place?

Code written by code (when you say "save")
should be kept in its own place - separate
from code that users twiddle manually.
That's the purpose of variable `custom-file'.