Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 12:57:33 +0100 (CET)

by luangruo@yahoo.com:

>> You don't need to survey anyone to come to such a conclusion.  Just ask
>> yourself this: do users of CLion have to know Java?  If not, then users
>> of Emacs shouldn't have to learn Emacs Lisp either.

FWIW I completely agree with this.  Custom system is a good idea,
and it should exist; however it has a very long way yet to achieve
it's purpose.  It is nowhere near JetBrains software's isolation
of Java from user.  It needs a lot more work.  It is an unfinished system.
If you keep insisting on Custom's perfection, you need to explain
the whole Emacs community why JetBrains makes more money
than donations to Emacs.  (Rhetorical)