Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 10:27:34 -0500

xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
writes:

> If it is ludicrous, then why almost every Emacs users configuration out
> there care about speeding up initialization?  Speed isn't the only
> concern, also.

I don't think you will get a measurable speedup from running `setq'
instead of `customize-set-variable' if the relevant defcustom does not
have an :initialize function.

The reason I use `setq' in my init is just that it's less typing.

FWIW, I'd appreciate if we had a

    (defalias 'setopt #'customize-set-variable)