Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 12:02:34 +0100 (CET)

Jan 2, 2022, 13:51 by eduardoochs@gmail.com:

> Hi!
> Thanks for your last two paragraphs!
> I knew that we were talking about two different notions of simplicity on the
> list, but I didn't have examples that were better than, for example,
> comparing a button to a setq... and you gave an example that was very
> precise! =)
>   E.

Hi, thank you.  I meant to say "customize-set-variable" on that mail.  Which is
what is suggested for singular custom variables but it is a very heavy function
that goes over themes, and slows down initialization noticeably when used
instead of setq.

And this is what people use as a workaround:

`(funcall (or (get ',variable 'custom-set) 'set-default) ',variable ,value))