Re: funcall consing

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: funcall consing
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 13:53:19 -0500

> Otherwise benchmark-run is not really useful for what I need.  In that
> case, what is the preferred way to measure execution speed and consing?

byte-compile the code, e.g. with `benchmark-run-compiled`.

> I do not need absolute numbers, just something so that I can compare two
> different implementations of the same thing and choose the better one or
> focus on places to improve.

Presumably that code will be compiled in the end, so you want to compare
the performance of the compiled versions rather than the performance of
the interpreted versions.
The performance profile of compiled and interpreted code can be
quite different.

        Stefan