RE: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: RE: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 09:19:05 +0100 (CET)

Jan 3, 2022, 10:02 by stefankangas@gmail.com:

> Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

>>> +1, FWIW.
>>>

>> Hmm, then where should it write to?
>>

> IMO, something like
>
> (setq custom-file (locate-user-emacs-file "custom-file.el"))

I'd prefer the current behavior TBH, because the real issue is not where it is
written, it is when it's read. Currently it is easy to place
custom-set-variables
where you want either inside init file or to place it into another file.
Timing is
important, because Customize also has problems with autoloads, and who
knows what else.