Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: FW: [External] : Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 16:15:39 +0100 (CET)

Jan 3, 2022, 15:55 by luangruo@yahoo.com:

> xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> writes:
>
>> It means that I do have an explanation for the problem, and stop acting
>> as if I am lying or something.
>>

> I'm not acting as if you're lying.  I was stating that your very vague
> explanations don't help, at all.
>
>> If you are unable to find it and interested in more details, what you
>> should have done is to ask me for the full article instead of
>> continuing the harassment campaign.
>>

> Please choose your words carefully.  Contrary to your statement, there
> is no "harassment campaign" against you or anyone else here.
>
>> Here's an example of a normal answer you should have given: "I am
>> working on Customize, and would appreciate your time if you can
>> provide the whole article, not just a pointer to internet, and maybe
>> additional comments instead."
>>

> And that, except split across a few more messages, is precisely what I
> have been trying to say to you today (specifically, about autoloads and
> custom.)  Your response however is typically a complaint that I'm
> calling you delusional, or harassing you, or calling you a liar, or what
> not, which is again blatantly false.

Please do introspection, and try to see why I am saying that you are
doing those things, and only to you.

> Anyway, unless you're willing to provide some actual information about
> the problem, I will see myself out.  I still oppose the addition of a
> setup wizard that does not generate a custom-set-variables block to
> place in the custom file.

You are not fixing Customize, you're trying to get the author of wizard
to fix Customize instead.  If author doesn't use and know Customize,
and wants to make a wizard for generating simple init.el configuration
forms as a starting point for people, more power to them.  I wish that
existed when I started out.  It can always be expanded for Customize
support later, and you are free to work on that when the time comes.
What you're doing here is unhelpful at best.