Re: gsettings.m4 copyright

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gsettings.m4 copyright
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 17:11:38 +0200

> Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 16:29:21 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> At this point, I think we should consider removing the file and
> rewriting the tests it performs in configure.ac, in as different a
> form from gsettings.m4 as possible.  Is that feasible?

Actually, that file does little more except rewriting some rules in
Makefile.in, is that so?  If so, can't we do that using the GNU Make
ifdef/ifeq conditionals, like we do with native-compilation specific
fragments?  Then perhaps the configure.ac stuff to support that could
be very small, limited to defining some Make macro.

Does this make sense?