Re: gsettings.m4 copyright

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: gsettings.m4 copyright
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 21:28:26 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> You are saying that we cannot include it in Emacs, because whoever
> wrote the code didn't contribute it to us?  That's not a copyright
> question, that's a completely different (and more serious) issue.

Yes, I was.  Thanks.

> Jeff and Yuuki, would you please tell us how you got this file and who
> has the copyright to its code?

I'm neither of those, but that file is from glib, in m4macros/

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/-/blob/main/m4macros/gsettings.m4

There is no copyright statement in that file, but GLib as a whole,
according to the COPYING file, is under the LGPLv2.1.  (It's part of
GNOME as well, but I don't know if Glib specifically is part of the GNU
project.)  If it's urgent, I can rewrite it tomorrow.

And I'm really sorry I didn't catch that when merging feature/pgtk to
master.

According to the VCS history, the following people wrote the file:

  - Bastien Nocera
  - Allison Karlitskaya
  - Dan Winship
  - Javier Jardón
  - Colin Walters
  - Matthias Clasen
  - Christian Persch
  - Hib Eris
  - Simon McVittie
  - Philip Withnall

I will try to get emails for those people tomorrow.