Re: gsettings.m4 copyright

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gsettings.m4 copyright
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 15:02:19 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 20:56:41 +0800
>
> > We should add a standard Emacs copyright notice, I think.
>
> Is that really allowed?  (Assuming a standard Emacs copyright notice
> means FSF copyright)
>
> That file is full of non-trivial code from the GLib project.

You are saying that we cannot include it in Emacs, because whoever
wrote the code didn't contribute it to us?  That's not a copyright
question, that's a completely different (and more serious) issue.

Jeff and Yuuki, would you please tell us how you got this file and who
has the copyright to its code?