Re: gsettings.m4 copyright

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gsettings.m4 copyright
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 18:56:07 -0500

  > > That file is full of non-trivial code from the GLib project.

  > You are saying that we cannot include it in Emacs, because whoever
  > wrote the code didn't contribute it to us?  That's not a copyright
  > question, that's a completely different (and more serious) issue.

GNU Project policy is that it's ok to import code from other released
free packages whose licenses are compatible with the license we are
using (which is GPL3-or-later).  The license LGPL-2.1 is compatible,
so we can import this code.

We should make sure it carries the copyright notices and license
notices that it should have.  The fact it was missing those is a
small problem, but we can fix that.

If the whole Glib package carries a copyright notices, copy that one.

If it isn't clear what to do, how about asking its developers what
that should be?