Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:38:56 +0200

Le Thu, 9 Oct 2003 01:25:42 +0200, Martin <address@hidden> a écrit :

> i doubt that. ok - its easy but you have to read the code and i know
> what i had on my mind as i first saw caml-code....
> a better example would be the emule mods that try to steal user
> hashes. im with mldonkey (and ocaml) since v1 and i dont know how to
> do that....in c this is a 5-minute-task....

I don't think it's a strong proof of anything.

MLdonkey keeps much less informations about peers (by address, or worse, by
client hash), etc. So implementing most hacks found in eMule mods often
require to first add (a lot of) infrastructure. And *that* is what stops
script kiddies five minutes jobs, IMO.

(Learning OCaml was actually easy, unless you give up before trying.)