Re: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:19:20 +0200

Hi,

  I understand that all users are frustrated that the development is
currently stalled, so here are some good news. First, we will apply
before saturday all of the patches submitted to savannah, and commit
the resulting new version to the CVS as stable. If beta-testing is ok,
we will then release a binary version on sunday. So, if you have
urgent patches, submit them to savannah now !

  For the development itself, the main problem is that we are all very
busy these days, until the end of october. After that, the development
should restart at normal speed. The other problem is that there is a
duplication of work, because we have two incompatible branches, and
patches have to be applied to both of them. So, either we can find a
maintainer for the stable branch until the new devel branch is ok (he
needs to know ocaml and apply the patches which are interesting), or
we will have to switch to the devel branch very fast to avoid this
duplication. Anyways, everything should improve at the beginning of
november, so keep hope :)

- Fabrice (b8_bavard)