[Mldonkey-users] Re: Python Was: getting frustrated

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Python Was: getting frustrated
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 02:20:20 +0200

Ken Bradshaw <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would bet the opposite. Java data structures consume lots of memory.
> And I have been doing programming in interpreted languages for 15
> years, back in the time of 4M ram 8Mhz machines. Beleive me,
> interpreted languages can perform LOTS of operations while waiting for
> packets on the network.

Take Frozen Bubble, which is written in Perl. I have no problems running
this graphic intensive game on a 300MHz machine with full graphics on
without any bigger problems than a short framerate drop sometimes.

Or take pydance, which is a Dance Dance Revolution! clone written in
python, also using moving graphics, playing music and interpreting
signals from your dance mat.

So a P2P application, which does not shift data at GBit/s speeds between
interfaces should be no problem for a well implementet interpreted
language.

_And_ Python gets precompiled on the local machine, thus removing the
need to reparse the code everytime it is run.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines BMW-Fahrers: Der LKW wird doch wohl nicht ausscheren?