Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated

From: Martin
Subject: Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:15:38 +0200

Dirk wrote...
> I think the language you mean is spelled only with one char... a "C"...
> or did you /really/ mean "Phyton"?
> Then you're about to replace crap with crap...

this is the mldonkey mailing list. NOT the programming-language-war-list

> Both languages Phyton and ocaml (OCaml? ..whatever) are written for
> people who never tried C or for people who are just lousy C programmers

thats your opinion. i program in c an i know python. now im learning
ocaml. and i can tell you ocaml is much more complex than c

> and who want to get their bad written crap desperately to run.. even if
> it requires them to switch to an "easier" to handle language that is

i dont think ocaml is easier to handle....no way! have you even tried
to program in ocaml?

> more forgiving with /incompetency/ or a hard C learning disablility..

for me ocaml is more difficult to learn than c. if you can code in c
you cant do anything in ocaml...

> You know.. There is nothing I can do with Phyton or ocaml that I
> couldn't do with C and thats every reason why Phyton and ocaml are a
> waste of time...

of course one can do everything in alomost all languages....one could
even try a p2p-client in gwbasic. but theres one thing you forgot: a
buggy c-program can blow up and segfault very easily. with ocaml its
almost impossible to get the program crashed.
Oh...btw...did i mention that ocaml code runs faster than c-code?

> Deal with it.

you too