Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated

From: Dirk
Subject: Re: Python Was: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:11:49 +0200

kami petersen wrote:

> Dirk wrote:
>
>> Python?
>>
>> I think the language you mean is spelled only with one char... a "C"...
>> or did you /really/ mean "Phyton"?
>>
>> Then you're about to replace crap with crap...
>>
>> Both languages Phyton and ocaml (OCaml? ..whatever) are written for
>> people who never tried C or for people who are just lousy C programmers
>> and who want to get their bad written crap desperately to run.. even if
>> it requires them to switch to an "easier" to handle language that is
>> more forgiving with /incompetency/ or a hard C learning disablility..
>> You know.. There is nothing I can do with Phyton or ocaml that I
>> couldn't do with C and thats every reason why Phyton and ocaml are a
>> waste of time...
>>
>> Deal with it.
>>
>> Dirk
>>

> dear dirk,
>
> you really need to drop this attitude, at least in public. soon enough
> nobody will listen to you. but then again, you already threatened to
> leave us for emule... if you have some good and elaborated arguments,
> that haven't been thouroghly discussed, here and elsewhere, you will
> probably get respect and attention.
>
> sincerely,
>
> kami petersen

dear everyone..
i'm sorry for not having added an (IMHO) after every sentence.. but i
thought that was clear..

opinions similar to mine were already stated here by other people before
and this is certainly not the first time that someone wishes mldonkey
would have been written in something more mainstream than ocaml... but
those discussions always ended with nothing..

now i (probably) pissed off the whole mailing list with my harsh
(sensible rhetorics lacking) comment.. but as a result the discussion
has been liven up again and might be continued by people who have enough
time on hand to fork or at least release new binaries with all important
patches included..

knowing that ignoring even useful mails is the default behaviour in
every maling list i consider that enough excuse for the measures i've
taken... i hope i didn't "demotivate" someone... somehow... that's not
my ambition... those who are pissed may enjoy the advantages of
increased blood pressure and invest it into good thinking..

Dirk