[Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] getting frustrated
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 14:36:18 +0200

Hi List,

as most of you know the last stable release of MLdonkey is now months ago. If
there were no problems this would be ok, but unfortunately, there are
problems... lots of them, partly blocking.
As I'm somehow familiar with business and software acceptance I would say that
the longer a bug fixing waits the more expensive it will be to get the
customers back, because some will already have switched to other products and
others will never come. OK, MLdonkey is free, but I think the developers have
at least the responsibility to say whether the development is going on and
when we can expect a next (nearly) stable release. At least there should be
an official hotfix release if something strange happened like the "search
blocking" and the patch in
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/mldonkey/pango/goodies/
didn't really fix it.
As a former fan of MLdonkey this is a bit frustrating.

Still hoping...

Andre