RE: [Mldonkey-users] Re: [2.02-9] Expiring sources to fast?

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: RE: [Mldonkey-users] Re: [2.02-9] Expiring sources to fast?
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 03:03:05 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I have the same problems Sven pointed out.

On one side. I get great speeds (according to donitor: min 0.00, avg 7.25,
max 34.21) when I boot mldonkey but after a while (2 hours) it seems to
choke and download rates get worse and worse.

If I stop mldonkey, delete files_sources.ini and boot it again, I start
getting sources and the dowload rate is good... After a while, it gets
worse.

There's definitely something not working properly with the new source
management.

Another problem: 2.02-9 doesn't seem to be able to download rare files. If
I stop it and downgrade to another version (2.02-0 for example) mldonkey
manages to download chunks from rare files. 2.02-9 seems to miss them
forever.

Finally, I think that we should tell the queue position we received when a
source is marked as "Queued out". It's frustrating to have a file with
"few" sources (300) and having more than 200 of them marked as "Queued
out" without really knowing how "bad" we ranked on those queues.

I think that we should let people decide if they want to stay (or not) in
large queues, since I prefer to wait a long time in 200 sources (out of
300) and eventually download something, than sticking with the other 100
"good" sources, 90 of them marked as "Not Connected" and the rest (in the
best case) queued (not downloading) succesfully.

Greetings,

Sergio