[Mldonkey-users] Re: [2.02-9] Expiring sources to fast?

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: [2.02-9] Expiring sources to fast?
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 17:21:13 +0100

Sergio Bayarri Gausi <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Hi, have you checked your min_reask_delay option ?
>> If it is lower than 10 minits most emule and mldonkey clients ban your
>> client. One possibility why you can't connect to the sources.

> I'm sure Sven has the correct setting for min_reask_delay.
>
> On the other hand, min_reask_delay should not affect how many *new*
> sources we get or how many sources we have. Sven suggests that 1. sources
> are expiring too fast (if an emule bans us for reasking too often, the
> source isn't dropped, is it?) 2. we don't get new sources except for the
> ones sent in by other clients propagating sources (and min_reask_delay has
> nothing to do with getting *new* sources).

Well, "suggest" is a little bit too strong here. Let's better say: "I
suspected", since I am not sure, why, out of the sudden, the sources
drop out of my list like dead flies.

Strange thing is, 2.02-9 _was_ fast, but it seems it had enough sources
in the list, which was build up by one of the former versions.

S°

--
Letzte Worte zweier Löwenbändiger: Wie? - Ich dachte du hättest sie
gefüttert...