Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?

From: Platon Pronko
Subject: Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 14:24:55 +0800

On 2023-03-30 23:05, Gregory Heytings wrote:

If that is what you see, then it's the intended behavior.  That you are not
used to it doesn't mean it's incorrect or broken. Functionally, it does the
job, and we don't have any better alternatives for the case when a message
should be shown when the minibuffer is active.

It's true that we don't have any better _built-in_ alternatives, but I think
what the OP wants is something like the code in the attached file.

Actually no, I don't think I would want to put messages into the modeline. As I
understand it I have multiple modelines on my screen - one for each window, and
that would be unnecessary duplication of information.

Thanks for the code, though - I'm sure that would be useful to somebody (I
suspect many people won't be as opposed to putting echo messages into the mode
line as I am).

--
Best regards,
Platon Pronko