Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 07:45:09 +0000

I think of modeline as something buffer-specific, so I don't want to put global messages there.

In that case you can try the other file I posted, with which messages are displayed in a popup buffer.

Here it is again, with a few corrections. Again messages are displayed in a popup buffer only when the minibuffer is active.