Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?

From: Platon Pronko
Subject: Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 15:10:42 +0800

On 2023-03-31 15:01, Gregory Heytings wrote:

Actually no, I don't think I would want to put messages into the modeline. As I
understand it I have multiple modelines on my screen - one for each window, and
that would be unnecessary duplication of information.

Did you even try the code?  The message appears only in the modeline of the
bottom window in the frame, right above the minibuffer.

(And it appears in the modeline only when the mini-buffer is active.)

I didn't try it out thoroughly, sorry. I saw that it appeared in minibuffer as
usual and decided to not look into it further.

I think of modeline as something buffer-specific, so I don't want to put global
messages there.

Regarding your code - I might be wrong, but won't message get stuck in the
modeline if I reorder my windows before the timer runs out?

--
Best regards,
Platon Pronko