Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 07:01:41 +0000

Actually no, I don't think I would want to put messages into the modeline. As I understand it I have multiple modelines on my screen - one for each window, and that would be unnecessary duplication of information.

Did you even try the code? The message appears only in the modeline of the bottom window in the frame, right above the minibuffer.

(And it appears in the modeline only when the mini-buffer is active.)