Re: [External] : Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by me

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:16:22 +0000

As for the other alternatives: no one wrote the code to implement them; patches welcome.

No one?  Did you look at the code two messages above?

Is that part of Emacs?

No, but it could, it's a (kind of) patch.

And I thought Drew wanted echo-area messages to pop in a separate buffer. The mode line is not a good place for showing messages, IMNSHO.

Hmmm... why not? It's not perhaps the solution that would suit everyone, but I'd bet some users will prefer that to the way they are currently displayed. A third option would indeed be a kind of pop-up buffer. And there are probably other options.