Re: [External] : Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by me

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 21:28:10 +0300

> From: John Yates <john@yates-sheets.org>
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:14:36 -0400
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> On my 4K monitors, using a moderately small font, splitting the one line
> minibuffer into two columns, input and echo area, seems attractive to me.

Split how?  The Emacs display engine doesn't support column-wise
display that you are describing, it can only do that if the
mini-window is split into two side-by-side windows, but that will run
afoul of many assumptions everywhere that there's at most only one
min-window per frame.

So I'm not sure I understand the idea of your proposal.