Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Is there a way to avoid clobbering minibuffer by messages?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:05:21 +0000

If that is what you see, then it's the intended behavior. That you are not used to it doesn't mean it's incorrect or broken. Functionally, it does the job, and we don't have any better alternatives for the case when a message should be shown when the minibuffer is active.

It's true that we don't have any better _built-in_ alternatives, but I think what the OP wants is something like the code in the attached file.