Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AG

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now)
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 16:41:50 +0100

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 16:22, Andrew Savory wrote:
> Do we have an official procedure for filling committee posts now? I
> seem to recall some small amount of confusion last time ;-)

At the moment - being honest - no. Hence my amendment.

The procedure is basically still the same: there is a mechanism for
elections, and provision for various back-ups. However, the "norm"
(i.e., an election) is harder to trigger than we envisaged. This was
something I wanted to change.

Now, we do appear to have organised ourselves slightly better this time
wrt elections under the current system, and there is no good reason why
we couldn't do it this AGM. However, I'm personally hoping it doesn't
happen ;) If my amendment passes, the elections would be re-opened,
because the whole structure of Exec is changed (simple, one-shot
election that can be held any time we need to). But if it doesn't pass,
so long as we are quorate we can elect a new committee.

However, people should STILL NOMINATE THEMSELVES if they want to stand.
Now. To Adam. Please :o) And everyone should come to AFFSAC too, because
it will be great.