Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now)
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:14:10 +0100

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 11:58, Brian Gough wrote:
> What is the procedure if someone wants to be on the committee?

Good question. All you have to do to nominate yourself/someone else is:

- be a full member of the AFFS
- (nominee has to be a full member too, if you are not proposing
yourself)
- e-mailed to either address@hidden or Adam Bower (adam AT
thebowery.co.uk)

> My recollection is that nominations are needed 10 days in advance of
> the AGM -- so that would be by the end of today, I think.  Is that
> correct?

Yes, I think you may well be right. I'm *hoping* that this will be
unnecessary: if my amendment passes, the elections are re-opened (since
the posts change). However, it may well not pass, so we should say
plainly:

IF YOU WANT TO BE ON COMMITTEE, PLEASE NOMINATE YOURSELF NOW!

We could really do with new people running AFFS, so if you think you'd
like to help out, please go for it. You can always resign if it's too
much work / boring / etc.