Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AG

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now)
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:08:07 +0100

On 2004-05-04 18:30:59 +0100 MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

As a starting point, I suggest that each nominee gets a short time (absolute max 3 minutes) to present themselves and then the vote takes place by secret ballot according to STV http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votingsystems/stvrules.htm

The returning officer shall be the first mentioned non-nominee in the list: Secretary; Chair; Treasurer; Committee member; willing member of the association; with lots drawn if there is a tie. The count is the responsibility of the returning officer, with two non-nominee members selected at random from those at the vote as witnesses. The results will be made available to all members at the meeting and published in the next newsletter.

I've changed the RO selection along the lines of Alex's suggestion. I am surprised this attracted so little comment. If nothing else, I expected Andrew to express a good strong opinion about how to do this...

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.