Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:24:57 +0100

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 21:58, MJ Ray wrote:
> >>    http://www.alexhudson.com/documents/constitution-amendment.html
>
> Can the green-backed sections have some non-colour formatting added
> too, to show up on black-white display, please? (Italics? Strong?
> Underline?)

They are non-colour formatted: they are marked up as insertions and
deletions. My text-mode black-white display shows them fine (lynx
2.8.5dev.7, FWIW)

I would be willing to change the rationale section; that admittedly
won't show up. I'm not totally sure what I can do about the other
sections though: if your browser doesn't support ins/del tags, what tags
does it support? Making something bold/underline is just going to look
bizarre in other browsers.

> For one, I am surprised at the number of bugs.

I think we're attempting to operate in a manner significantly different
to other VOs to be honest - it doesn't surprise me terribly. The
structure we wanted isn't one which would be replicated by many other
orgs.