[Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 19:18:41 +0100

Dear all,

registration is now open for AFFSAC & AFFS AGM 2004 at

  http://www.affs.org.uk/register-affsac.html

in the same way as last year. You must register to attend (so that we can
plan catering and seating) and either be an existing member of AFFS or apply
to become a member at the event (membership fee for one year is still only
GBP 10). The event itself is free for existing members and applicants after
paying their first annual fee. Please see the notes on the above web page
for details.

If you would like to contribute to the conference with a presentation,
please contact address@hidden to discuss details. If you would like a
table to present your company at the event for GBP 100, please contact
address@hidden too. We still have a small number of time slots and
tables left, but hurry!

May I also urge all existing members, that we have important decisions to
make at the AGM. It is absolutely important, that this AGM is quorable to
make these decisions. Please make every effort to attend! One of the most
important issues is an amendment to our constitution to allow postal votes
in addition to elections at the AGM. If we can't get this sorted at the AGM
this year, we are in serious trouble. For details, please see:

  http://www.alexhudson.com/documents/constitution-amendment.html

Another important topic will be the introduction of grants for free software
projects. I'm currently writing a proposal, that addresses and incorporates
the suggestions made on this mailing list a while ago. More details will
follow soon.

Thanks,
Marc

email: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden