Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AG

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Nominations! (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Registration for AFFSAC and AFFS AGM is open now)
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 18:30:59 +0100

On 2004-05-04 16:41:50 +0100 Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 16:22, Andrew Savory wrote:
Do we have an official procedure for filling committee posts now? I seem to recall some small amount of confusion last time ;-)
At the moment - being honest - no. Hence my amendment.

Election Rules need to be adopted whether or not this amendment passes. Ideally, this should be done by committee before the AGM and be revised if the amendment passes.

As a starting point, I suggest that each nominee gets a short time (absolute max 3 minutes) to present themselves and then the vote takes place by secret ballot according to STV http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votingsystems/stvrules.htm The count is the responsibility of the secretary, or a person nominated by the secretary, with two members selected at random from those present as witnesses.

What did I miss? Anyone want to try on another clean sheet of paper? I'm not attached to the above, but I think it fits the current constitution and has other important benefits.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.