Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:16:09 +0000

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 05:06:01PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> 1. What form for the first organisation?
>       [ -10 ] Unincorporated Association (simple but liable)
>       [  +5 ] Trust (more assured but still fairly lightweight and liable)
>       [ +10 ] Friendly Society (recently opened to us)
>       [ -10 ] Limited Co (well known)
>       [ -10 ] Industrial Provident Soc (more expensive but robust)

I guess this kills an I&PS: [...] "All members must have an equal say in the
running of the society." [...] We didn't want to be 100% democratic for good
reasons. An I&PS would enforce that, or am I reading this wrong?

>       [ +10 ] Royal Charter (hahahahahaha)

Why not? Yes, I know we need another form first and can only do that after
several years of building a good reputation. But why not as a goal for the
long term future?

Hmmm... I guess, that leaves me voting for a Friendly Society unless other
arguments come up.

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden