Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:06:01 +0000

OK, it's past the weekend, so two questions:

1. What form for the first organisation?
        [ ] Unincorporated Association (simple but liable)
        [ ] Trust (more assured but still fairly lightweight and liable)
        [ ] Friendly Society (recently opened to us)
        [ ] Limited Co (well known)
        [ ] Industrial Provident Soc (more expensive but robust)
        [ ] Royal Charter (hahahahahaha)

More details at the URL earlier and:
http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/main/about/info/briefings/legal/LegalStructures/VolOrgs.pdf

Please vote as soon as you are able and then we can fill out a skeleton
constitution for filing straight after the holidays.  I will be back on the
2nd January so I'm happy to do stuff then.

2. Do we have any legal opinion?  This may remove options from above or
inform debate, but I don't feel that we can wait indefinitely before doing
something.  All forms can be moved to another later, with a little
preparatory work while forming them.
--
MJR