Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:01:33 +0200

 || On 23 Aug 2001 10:00:47 +0100
 || MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> Please note that we will eventually have *two* organizations in
 >> the U.K. - one associate and one chapter.

 mr> I think that a more flexible organisation is better for the first
 mr> thing to set up, as we need *something* to advocate software
 mr> freedom now and incorporating a charity may take some time.

Exactly. That is why I suggested creating a potential associate
organization now and then see about how to get the chapter started.

 mr> Unless someone knows differently?  It may be that the affiliate
 mr> is rolled into the chapter later, but it might not.

That is impossible. The chapters have to fulfill very special rules
that would be counterproductive for an associate organization.

 >> Then we should definitely try to organize a meeting at some point
 >> to discuss the integration into the FSF Europe.

 mr> I do not know when any FSFE people will be in the UK.  Do you?

Not right now. That Birmingham got postponed was quite unfortunate.

 mr> It is somewhat surprising to me that there are no UK members.

I have explained the structure and the setup procedure in an earlier
mail, it should be archived somewhere.

Regards,
Georg

--