Re: [Fsfe-uk] FSF France activity report

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] FSF France activity report
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:50:44 +0200

MJ Ray writes:
 > Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > >    [88]SourceForge and VA Linux
 > >           We  are helping VA Linux to produce a copyright assignment form
 > >           for  SourceForge  authors.  The  experience  of the FSF in this
 > >           matter is valuable.
 > >
 > >           Volunteers: Loïc Dachary.
 >
 > Loïc, what is the purpose of this?

        A few days ago SourceForge contacted me so that I assign the
copyright of the work I did on SourceForge to VA Linux. The rationale
is that it would allow them to fight more efficiently if they ever
face a legal situation. The proposed assignement was problematic in
many ways and we are working to improve it so that it reaches an
acceptable state.

        I did not want to be a more explicit in the report so that VA Linux
do not feel threatened. The purpose is to write a good copyright assignement
and not to bash VA Linux for a mistake that has no consequence.

        I hope this is now clearer.