Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support

From: F. Heitkamp
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:09:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 07:47 -0500, F. Heitkamp wrote:
OK fixed that.
I have "auto" as the filesystem option.

Tried your suggestions.  I even tried just using fdisk /dev/hdc:
address@hidden:/usr/sbin# fdisk /dev/hdc
You will not be able to write the partition table.
Note: sector size is 2048 (not 512)
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel
Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous
content won't be recoverable.

Warning: invalid flag 0x0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)
Command (m for help): w

Unable to write /dev/hdc

This disk was written on a Panasonic DVD-RAM recorder. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

Maybe I should boot into Windows and try the tools that came with the drive unless there is a way to do it under Linux.

Fred