Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support

From: F. Heitkamp
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:13:06 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, F. Heitkamp wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 08:09 -0500, F. Heitkamp wrote:
Tried your suggestions.

Seems it may not be a Linux problem. Maybe I'll pick up some fresh DVD RAMS and see if that helps.

I just realized this is probably not a dvdrtools issue anymore if it ever was. I'll post the conclusion though.

It seems the DVD-RAM disks that I had written to on a Panasonic DVD-RAM drive cannot be written to when inserted into the LG DVD-RAM drive. I got a fresh batch of DVD-RAMs today and they work just fine. I stuck one in the drive and issued "mount -t ufs /dev/hdc /mnt" and was able to read/write just like a HD. Very cool.

To get even further OT. A DVD-RAM worked in the Mac 64, FW connected LG drive, but had to be formatted first as HFS+ before it showed up on the OS X desktop.

Fred