Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] DVD+R/+RW support
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:48:23 +0100

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 17:54, David Lago wrote:
Hi,
> 1) Provided that it's cdrecord-based, does it have the same issue with
> new kernel versions?

I'm using it here on 2.6.11 and 2.6.12-rc1, no problems

> 2) Does it have any limitation or special conditions of use like ProDVD?

No, the whole point of dvdrecord is to provide a free solution for DVD
recording.

> 3) Has it DVD+R/+RW writing support, or do I have to use growisofs +
> cd+rw-tools?

You have to use growisofs for DVD+R/DVD+RW writing.

> 4) Does it provide its own library, that I can use from my app, or is it
> only a shell-based program, for which I'll have to write a wrapper
> library so as to use it from my application?

It's a shell based program, but converting it to a library is one of the
things on my todo list for the (relatively far, since I'm busy w/ other
stuff) future.

LLaP
bero