Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 10:37:44 +0100

On FreeBSD, I think it was David Chisnall, who maintained packages for GNUstep, and  most of the existing GNUstep applications. Everything installed with 2 commands.

Then a FreeBSD-upgrade finally left the system in an unusable state. Not wanting to spend another few hours to reinstall, I went to Squeak Smalltalk on Windows.  Please don't see this as negative remark on FreeBSB or GNUstep,
but with talent and perseverance limited, it seemed the safest choice.

Hi Xavier,

On 2021-12-17 16:15:24 +0100 Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org>
wrote:

> Fred Kiefer was maintaining a lot of gqood packages for OpenSuSE in
> the past
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/X11:GNUstep

Yes, that was wondeful job he used to do and also helped catch errors
with the builds!
I do not know how the impact of "use" was actually for these packages,
that is people using GNUstep thanks to those packages?

Riccardo
--
Sent with GNUMail running on MacOS 10.7