Re: GNUstep on Hackernews

From: Xavier Brochard
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Hackernews
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 16:15:52 +0100

Le 17.12.2021 13:17, Liam Proven a écrit :
On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 at 13:11, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
Debian and Ubuntu based distros are the most current at end users home
to day (according to distrowatch)

I believe so. I have tried many many distros in my work and regularly
install new ones, and IMHO, Ubuntu remains about the most advanced
there is.

The problem is the desktop. GNUStep as a desktop is far from perfect (see past discussions).
So why not promoting a NextSpace based CD ?
NextSpace is already available for Debian, Fedora and Centos. Adding Ubuntu packages is not a big deal. Then we just need to packages more applications. It would be help everyone.

---
Librement,
Xavier Brochard xavier@alternatif.org
La liberté est à l'homme ce que les ailes sont à l'oiseau (Jean-Pierre Rosnay)