Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 08:56:34 +0100

On Sun, 2020-08-09 at 21:51 +0200, Petr Pařízek wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>  > I gather the text that Denemo emits as generated by the Gtk
>  > library - Pango -  is not accessible to screen readers (??? - is
> this
>  > true of other Gtk based programs?
>
> #1. Maybe this webpage would be of some help. I just don't know how
>
> could check whether what they describe for Linux users works the
> same
> way in Windows.
> https://developer.gnome.org/accessibility-devel-guide/stable/gad-how-
> it-works.html.en
>From that information it would seem that setting an environment
variable GTK_MODULES to the value "gail:atk-bridge" when running Denemo
should make Denemo accessible. Setting an environment variable in
Windows is tucked away somewhere in the Control Panel as I recall.

If you make progress please report back as others will want to know. If
it *does* work you may find that setting the Denemo preferences to use
Gtk Tooltips may be useful.