Menu Navigation from keyboard (was Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few quest

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Menu Navigation from keyboard (was Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows))
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:53:13 +0100

On Tue, 2020-08-11 at 21:10 +0200, Petr Pařízek wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>  > This is a widely used system and was operational at one time in
> Denemo
>  > - I think it could be re-instated, though quite why it was
> discontinued
>  > I don't recall.

There was a "Menu Navigation by Keypress" option in the preferences,
but this did not permit popping the menu up using the Alt+underlined
letter method.
I've upgraded Denemo so that this does work and gives access this way
to all menus. The only casualties are that the quick setting of the
Return key to any command cannot be used - you would have to use the
Command Center to set that shortcut (along with the arrow keys and
other key presses used for menu navigation) and some of the shortcuts
for inserting a named note in a chord (Alt-f for example) no longer do
that but instead bring up a menu.
I've bumped up the version number for this new feature and built a
Windows binary at
http://www.denemo.org/~rshann/denemo-mingw-2.4.x.zip

If you want to test this you need to re-start Denemo after changing the
preference "Menu Navigation by Keypress" so that the menus are updated.