Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:36:37 -0500

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:55:51PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Avrdude can erase the device (an 8515), but can not program it. Attached is
> the output of:
>
> ~/local/avrdude/bin/avrdude -v -v -v -v -p at90s8515 -e -f i -i test.hex
>
> Uisp works in this case and I've attached it's output for comparison.

The PAGEL and BS2 parms need to be defined in the config file.
However, since we are still using serial programming mode, I'm not
sure if this is the problem or not.

> I also just tried to program a m128. No luck. It couldn't even erase it this
> time though. (attached is output)

> avrdude: Version 3.1.0
>          Copyright (c) 2000-2003 Brian Dean, address@hidden

>          Using Port            : /dev/ttyS0
>          Using Programmer      : stk500
>          AVR Part              : ATMEGA128
>          Chip Erase delay      : 9000 us
>          PAGEL                 : PD7
>          BS2                   : PA0
>          RESET disposition     : dedicated
>          RETRY pulse           : SCK
>          serial program mode   : yes
>          parallel program mode : yes
>          Memory Detail         :

>          Programmer Type : STK500
>          Description     : Atmel STK500
>          Hardware Version: 2
>          Firmware Version: 1.14
>
> avrdude: stk500_initialize(): n_extparms = 4
> avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
> avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
> avrdude: erasing chip
> avrdude: stk500_initialize(): n_extparms = 4
> avrdude: done.
> avrdude: reading input file "test.hex"
> avrdude: writing flash (288 bytes):

     0

   256

   511
> avrdude: 512 bytes of flash written
> avrdude: verifying flash memory against test.hex:
> avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

     0

   256

   511
> avrdude: verifying ...
> avrdude: 512 bytes of flash verified
>
> avrdude done.  Thank you.

This, at least, appears to have worked ...  Are you saying that the
device was not actually programmed, even though avrdude appears to
have read the data back out and verified it against the input file?

-Brian