Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:20:39 +0100

As Brian Dean wrote:

> Good idea.  Do you think it would also be reasonable to pre-generate
> the doc?

Probably.  IIRC, the GNU stuff also ships with pre-generated info
files (at least, but probably no PS or PDF).

> If we go this way, would I suspect I would need to create a special
> tarball for the FreeBSD port ...

IMHO not.  ./configure is supposed to perform the actual
customization.

> Hmmm ... I don't have bash installed on my system and haven't had any
> trouble.  Do the scripts perhaps look for bash first, but fall back to
> /bin/sh if they can't find it?

Maybe, though i've seen a hard-coded assignment of bash to
CONFIGURE_SHELL somewhere there.  I might err though, perhaps they
check it afterwards.  Anyway, it's probably just safe to setup the
override.