Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:46:41 -0700

On 3 Mar 2003 at 20:27, Brian Dean wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:53:36AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:
>
> > 3. Users may want to know before actually using avrdude, what
> > devices it supports and what programmers it supports. Currently, one
> > can exec: avrdude -c ? and it will spit out a list of programmers.
> > But if one tries: avrdude -p ? it will give an error message saying
> > to specify a programmer first. It would be nice to be able to have
> > both the above command lines work to list programmers or AVR devices
> > in the config file. And then, of course, have this in the docs as
> > well.
>
> Actually, I made this work the way you want a while back.  I think I
> did this in revision 1.64 of main.c.

I did an update and it doesn't quite do that.

avrdude -c ? works and lists the programmers.

avrdude -p ? spits out:
avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the
config file
         Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again

And it would be great if a user coud list the AVR devices supported
without having to specify a programmer to do it.

Eric