Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:55:51 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Brian Dean wrote:

:)On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:26:23PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:)> Yeah. I thought that stuff was already in there. Let me know when it's
:)> done and I'll test it.
:)
:)Ok, it's committed.  Hopefully it's correct.  This should allow
:)parallel programming of all devices that support via the STK500
:)(though we'd need a command line option to specify that mode,
:)perhaps).  Also, it should enable the 5-byte version of the command
:)for firmware later than 1.10.
:)
:)However, I've only tested this with the ATmega128 part.  I'm not sure
:)what will happen for incomplete configuration, i.e., for parts where
:)we don't yet have the 'pagel' and 'bs2' data filled in.  We may need
:)to scramble and fill in the missing data for all the existing parts
:):-/
:)
:)Anyway, let us know if this works for your later firmware.

Avrdude can erase the device (an 8515), but can not program it. Attached is
the output of:

~/local/avrdude/bin/avrdude -v -v -v -v -p at90s8515 -e -f i -i test.hex

Uisp works in this case and I've attached it's output for comparison.

I also just tried to program a m128. No luck. It couldn't even erase it this
time though. (attached is output)

It's too late for me to dig into it further. Bed time for bonzo.

Ted