Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release soon?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:18:22 -0500

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:26:23PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Yeah. I thought that stuff was already in there. Let me know when it's
> done and I'll test it.

Ok, it's committed.  Hopefully it's correct.  This should allow
parallel programming of all devices that support via the STK500
(though we'd need a command line option to specify that mode,
perhaps).  Also, it should enable the 5-byte version of the command
for firmware later than 1.10.

However, I've only tested this with the ATmega128 part.  I'm not sure
what will happen for incomplete configuration, i.e., for parts where
we don't yet have the 'pagel' and 'bs2' data filled in.  We may need
to scramble and fill in the missing data for all the existing parts
:-/

Anyway, let us know if this works for your later firmware.

Thanks,
-Brian