auctex-devel

Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [a new branch?] (was: Output to directory patch)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:22:05 +0100

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> May I suggest something? Why not give Al write access to the
> repository so that he can have his code in a new branch?

I'm not antipathetic to that suggestion, or maybe another approach was
that we pull his changes into a separate branch and he tells us when to
pull again (assuming that Al can make his repo publicly accessible).

In any case, before we can incorporate any of his changes into our
repository, we have to do the copyright formalities.  Al, would you be
willing to assign copyright of your (preferrably past, current, and
future) changes to AUCTeX (or even better, Emacs, which includes AUCTeX)
to the Free Software Foundation [1]?

If so, I'll send you the assignment form off-list.

Bye,
Tassilo

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.en.html